Re: [KJ]remove SPIN_LOCK_UNLOCKED

From: Robert P. J. Day
Date: Tue Apr 10 2007 - 17:46:47 EST

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, Roland Dreier wrote:

> > >but that's where you would use the more explicit
> > >__RAW_SPIN_LOCK_UNLOCKED, no? AFAIK, you really can remove the macro
> > >SPIN_LOCK_UNLOCKED in its entirety.
> >
> > I don't remember LDD speaking about __RAW_*. (And other than not
> > having looked into the code to date, I don't know the difference.)
>
> Don't worry about the __RAW_SPIN_LOCK_UNLOCKED stuff, that's
> obviously not for generic code to use. The right answer (as I said
> before) is to use DEFINE_SPINLOCK().

that works fine if you're defining a single spinlock, but what do you
do in cases like this:

arch/sparc/lib/atomic32.c: [0 ... (ATOMIC_HASH_SIZE-1)] = SPIN_LOCK_UNLOCKED

that is, when you're assigning an array of them? you still need some
kind of generic, unnamed spinlock in those circumstances, no?

rday