Re: 68328serial & pm_register

From: Greg Ungerer
Date: Fri Apr 13 2007 - 09:36:26 EST

Hi Christoph,

Christoph Hellwig wrote:
68328serial is the last driver to call pm_register and thus using and
keeping alive the really old PM scheme. Any chance to convert it over
to platform devices (which would also clean up a lot of the ifdef
mess in the driver), or simply rip out that rudimentary PM support?

I don't have any hardware that uses this, I can only compile test it.
The occassional patch I submit for it is just to keep it compiling.
But I am happy to take out what PM support it has.

On a less urgent basis, is there any chance to convert the driver
to use serial_core, which it doesn't despite living in drivers/serial?

I'd have to leave that to someone with hardware.

Regards
Greg