Staircase Deadline cpu scheduler v 0.40

From: Con Kolivas
Date: Fri Apr 13 2007 - 11:06:27 EST

Hi all

I'm alive and mostly well (yay!). I still should _not_ be spending extended
periods on the computer for my neck but this last change was I believe
essential and not too much effort.

Here's an update which should improve behaviour further with niced tasks.

http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/staircase-deadline/2.6.20.5-sd-0.40.patch
http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/staircase-deadline/2.6.21-rc6-sd-0.40.patch
http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/staircase-deadline/2.6.21-rc6-mm1-sd-0.40.patch

The last patch (which is for 2.6.21-rc6-mm1) can be used as an incremental
from any 0.39 patched kernel.

Pretty much all of the architectural stuff for SD and bugfixes are done now.
Barring bugs/fixes, I plan to start work on implementing SCHED_ISO and
SCHED_IDLEPRIO for it for -ck over the next few weeks, but only once I'm
_completely_ well, meaning extended periods offline again (sorry to those who
are emailing me I'm not ignoring you intentionally!).

--
-ck