Re: [Announce] [patch] Modular Scheduler Core and Completely FairScheduler [CFS]

From: Esben Nielsen
Date: Sun Apr 15 2007 - 08:30:44 EST

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007, Ingo Molnar wrote:

[announce] [patch] Modular Scheduler Core and Completely Fair Scheduler [CFS]

i'm pleased to announce the first release of the "Modular Scheduler Core
and Completely Fair Scheduler [CFS]" patchset:

http://redhat.com/~mingo/cfs-scheduler/sched-modular+cfs.patch

This project is a complete rewrite of the Linux task scheduler. My goal
is to address various feature requests and to fix deficiencies in the
vanilla scheduler that were suggested/found in the past few years, both
for desktop scheduling and for server scheduling workloads.

[...]

I took a brief look at it. Have you tested priority inheritance?
As far as I can see rt_mutex_setprio doesn't have much effect on SCHED_FAIR/SCHED_BATCH. I am looking for a place where such a task change scheduler class when boosted in rt_mutex_setprio().

Esben