Re: Kaffeine problem with CFS

From: Christoph Pfister
Date: Sun Apr 15 2007 - 12:55:46 EST

Hi,

2007/4/15, Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx>:

* Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > [1] http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~caglar/strace.kaffeine

Could you try xine-ui or gxine? Because I suspect rather xine-lib for
freezing issues. In any way I think a gdb backtrace would be much
nicer - but if you can't reproduce the freeze issue with other xine
based players and want to run kaffeine in gdb, you need to execute
"gdb --args kaffeine --nofork".

> thanks. This does has the appearance of a userspace race condition of
> some sorts. Can you trigger this hang with the patch below applied to
> the vanilla tree as well? (with no CFS patch applied)

oops, please use the patch below instead.

Ingo
<snip>

Christoph