Re: [Announce] [patch] Modular Scheduler Core and Completely Fair Scheduler [CFS]

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Tue Apr 17 2007 - 03:58:36 EST

* Nick Piggin <npiggin@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Anyone who thinks that there exists only two kinds of code: 100%
> > correct and 100% incorrect with no shades of grey inbetween is in
> > reality a sort of an extremist: whom, depending on mood and
> > affection, we could call either a 'coding purist' or a 'coding
> > taliban' ;-)
>
> Only if you are an extremist-naming extremist with no shades of grey.
> Others, like myself, also include 'coding al-qaeda' and 'coding john
> howard' in that scale.

heh ;) You, you ... nitpicking extremist! ;)

And beware that you just commited another act of extremism too:

> I agree there.

because you just went to the extreme position of saying that "i agree
with this portion 100%", instead of saying "this seems to be 91.5%
correct in my opinion, Tue, 17 Apr 2007 09:40:25 +0200".

and the nasty thing is, that in reality even shades of grey, if you
print them out, are just a set of extreme black dots on an extreme white
sheet of paper! ;)

[ so i guess we've got to consider the scope of extremism too: the
larger the scope, the more limiting and hence the more dangerous it
is. ]

Ingo