Re: 2.6.21-rc6-mm1 ATA HPT37x regression

From: John Stoffel
Date: Tue Apr 17 2007 - 15:27:31 EST

>> > Ok, so do I need to do anything special with the next -mm release and
>> > the next version?
>>
>> Well, let Alan decide that (2Alan: and I said that HPT code is bogus :-).

Alan> Try drivers/ide/pci/hpt366 - if that works grab a dmesg and let
Alan> me know. It means that Sergei's DPLL sync code seems to work
Alan> better than the vendor code and its time to swap it over.

Ok, I'll give that a whirl under 2.6.21-rc7 tonight. I'll build them
in modular so I can switch around more easily. I hope. :]

Alan> Oh how I love highpoint PATA

It seemed like a good buy at the time when I was researching these
things. Best bang for the buck I guess. It's a RocketRaid133 card,
but obviously I got a bum deal somewhere down the line.

Now I've got a Sil3114 SATA controller, which seems to be working just
fine now. Hopefully it won't have problems like this!

John