Re: [RFC 1/2] Input: ff, add FF_RAW effect

From: johann deneux
Date: Wed Apr 18 2007 - 16:01:12 EST

Jiri,

Which solution did you chose to implement? From what I remember, we
last discussed Dmitry's idea of specifying an axis for an effect, then
combine several effects to achieve complex effects.
The implementation would specify the axis using the upper bits of the
effect type.

The patches you have sent seem to implement an easier, but in my
opinion inferior solution. If this FF_RAW effect does not have
semantics which are meaningful for other kinds of devices, I think
using the FF API is not a good idea.