Re: [Announce] [patch] Modular Scheduler Core and Completely FairScheduler [CFS]

From: Davide Libenzi
Date: Wed Apr 18 2007 - 16:08:25 EST

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> For example, maybe we can approximate it by spreading out the statistics:
> right now you have things like
>
> - last_ran, wait_runtime, sum_wait_runtime..
>
> be per-thread things. Maybe some of those can be spread out, so that you
> put a part of them in the "struct vm_struct" thing (to approximate
> processes), part of them in the "struct user" struct (to approximate the
> user-level thing), and part of it in a per-container thing for when/if we
> support that kind of thing?

I think Ingo's idea of a new sched_group to contain the generic
parameters needed for the "key" calculation, works better than adding more
fields to existing strctures (that would, of course, host pointers to it).
Otherwise I can already the the struct_signal being the target for other
unrelated fields :)

- Davide