Re: CFS and suspend2: hang in atomic copy

From: Bob Picco
Date: Wed Apr 18 2007 - 19:20:44 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote: [Wed Apr 18 2007, 06:02:28PM EDT]

> * Christian Hesse <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > although probably your suspend2 problem is still not fixed, it's
> > > worth a try nevertheless. Which suspend2 patch did you apply, and
> > > was it against -rc6 or -rc7?
> >
> > You are right again. ;-)
> >
> > Linux 2.6.21-rc7
> > Suspend2 2.2.9.11 (applies cleanly to -rc7)
> > CFS v3 (without any additional patches)
> >
> > And it still hangs on suspend.
>
> what's the easiest way for me to try suspend2? Apply the patch, reboot
> into the kernel, then execute what command to suspend? (there's a
> confusing mismash of initiators of all the suspend variants. Can i drive
> this by echoing to /sys/power/state?)
>
> Ingo
I had hoped to collect more data with CFS V2. It crashes in
scale_nice_down for s2ram when attempting to disable_nonboot_cpus.
So part of traceback looks like (typed by hand with obvious omissions):

scale_nice_down
update_stats_wait_end - not shown in traceback because inlined
pick_next_task_fair
migration_call
task_rq_lock
notifier_call_chain
_cpu_down
disable_nonboot_cpus

This is standard -rc7 with V2 CFS applied. It could be a completely
unrelated issue. I'll attempt to debug further tomorrow.

bob