Re: Kaffeine problem with CFS

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Fri Apr 20 2007 - 15:32:34 EST

S.Çag(lar Onur wrote:
18 Nis 2007 Çar tarihinde, Ingo Molnar s,unlar? yazm?s,t?:
* S.Çag(lar Onur <caglar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
- schedule();
+ msleep(1);

which Ingo sends me to try also has the same effect on me. I cannot
reproduce hangs anymore with that patch applied top of CFS while one
console checks out SVN repos and other one compiles a small test
software.
great! Could you please unapply the hack above and try the proper fix
below, does this one solve the hangs too?

Instead of that one, i tried CFSv3 and i cannot reproduce the hang anymore, Thanks!...

And that explains why CFS-v3 on 21-rc7-git3 wouldn't show me the hang. As a matter of fact, nothing I did showed any bad behavior! Note that I was doing actual badly behaved things which do sometimes glitch the standard scheduler, not running benchmarks.

This scheduler is boring, everything works. I am going to try some tests on a uniprocessor, though, I have been running everything on either SMP or HT CPUs. But so far it looks fine.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>