Re: Acecad USB Tablet: usbmouse takeover and odd motion

From: Giuseppe Bilotta
Date: Fri Apr 20 2007 - 20:39:14 EST

On 4/21/07, Jiri Kosina <jkosina@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

> Oh, I see. I'll blacklist those modules, maybe also issue a ticket on
> the Debian BTS.

If Debian enables usbmouse and usbkbd by default in their standard
kernels, would you be so kind and raise a proper ticket on them not to do
so? Thanks.

This also makes me to speed up with one of my items on TODO list - rename
usbmouse and usbkbd to something that wouldn't be so confusing and
wouldn't make people think that they should enable these drivers if they
want support for USB keyboards/mice. Will queue this for 2.6.22.

Actually, I just found out that usbmouse and usbkbd are in the
blacklist file (/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist), so the fact that they are
being called reveals some kind of fscked up setup on my side. I'll try
to fix that, sorry for the noise.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta