POST STARTUP ERRORS ( BIOS )

From: J-P Van Bylen
Date: Mon Apr 23 2007 - 08:35:54 EST

PC: IBM NetVista - Type: 6269-R2G - S/N 55224PG
Operating system: Linux 2.6.18-4-686 #1 SMP Mon Mar 26 17:17:36 UTC 2007 i686 GNU/Linux

Dear sir/madam,

This is what I got after upgrading from sarge to etch (Debian):

<<

POST STARTUP ERRORS ( BIOS )

The following error(s) were detected when the system was started:

177 System security - Asset control has been violated

Select one of the following:
Continue
Exit Setup

A search on internet revealed that I am not the only one with this
BIOS error, but I couldn't find any solution until now.

Do you have any idea how to solve this problem?

Sincerely,

--
J-P Van Bylen <j-p.van.bylen@xxxxxxxxxx>