Re: Testing framework

From: Ric Wheeler
Date: Mon Apr 23 2007 - 18:11:37 EST

Avishay Traeger wrote:
On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 02:16 +0530, Karuna sagar K wrote:
For some time I had been working on this file system test framework.
Now I have a implementation for the same and below is the explanation.
Any comments are welcome.

<snip>

You may want to check out the paper "EXPLODE: A Lightweight, General
System for Finding Serious Storage System Errors" from OSDI 2006 (if you
haven't already). The idea sounds very similar to me, although I
haven't read all the details of your proposal.

Avishay

It would also be interesting to use the disk error injection patches that Mark Lord sent out recently to introduce real sector level corruption. When your file systems are large enough and old enough, getting bad sectors and IO errors during an fsck stresses things in interesting ways ;-)

ric