Re: [patch] CFS scheduler, v3

From: Siddha, Suresh B
Date: Tue Apr 24 2007 - 14:08:50 EST

On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 10:55:45AM -0700, Christoph Lameter wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Apr 2007, Siddha, Suresh B wrote:
> > yes, we were planning to move this to a different percpu section, where
> > all the elements in this new section will be cacheline aligned(both
> > at the start, aswell as end)
>
> I would not call this a per cpu area. It is used by multiple cpus it
> seems.

not decided about the name yet. but the area is allocated per cpu and yes,
the data can be referred by other cpus.

> But for 0.5%? on what benchmark? Is is really worth it?

famous database workload :)

I don't think the new section will be added for this 0.5%. This is a straight
fwd optimization, and anyone can plug into this new section in future.

thanks,
suresh