Re: Nonfunctional ethernet (was Re: 2.6.21-rc7-mm1 +sysfs-oops-workaround.patch -- INFO: possible recursive locking detected)

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Wed Apr 25 2007 - 21:13:24 EST

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 09:02:02 +0800 "Antonino A. Daplas" <adaplas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I can bring up the network manually using ifconfig. It's opensuse's
> rcnetwork script that fails to bring the network up. Entries
> in /sys/class/net are still bogus.
>
> This kernel is now usable to me, I'll start bisection later today if
> nobody has an answer.

rc7-mm1 is hardly worth bothering with. Quite a few really bad ones have
now been fixed and I'll try to get rc7-mm2 out within the next 12 hours (I
assume a 76-hour debug session won't be needed this time).

But I don't think the sysfs changes in Greg's tree have been updated, so
things will probably still fail in that area. A suitable bisection
starting pair would be around gregkh-driver-*