Re: [00/17] Large Blocksize Support V3

From: Christoph Hellwig
Date: Thu Apr 26 2007 - 12:17:00 EST

On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 06:05:07PM +0200, Jens Axboe wrote:
> Agree. I don't know why we are arguing the merrits of this, it's an
> obvious win. The problem is more if it's doable this way or not due to
> fragmentation, but that's a different discussion and should be kept
> seperate.

Btw, another bit I really like about the patches is that it make
the page cache size notation actually useful. People used PAGE_SIZE
and PAGE_CACHE_SIZE totally interchangeable before and created a total
mess. Getting rid of PAGE_CACHE_SIZE and only use the per-mapping
macros would be a nice cleanup all by iself even without putting the
rest in for now.