Re: [patch 00/33] 2.6.20-stable review

From: Greg KH
Date: Thu Apr 26 2007 - 13:33:12 EST

On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 09:48:22AM -0700, David Lang wrote:
> any idea why there are so many more -stable patches for 2.6.20? this is the
> 10th -stable series, and most of them have been dozens of patches.
>
> is there a new team reporting and fixing bugs? or were there just more small
> problems found in 2.6.20 then normal? or something else?

I think it's entirely due to the awesome effort by Chuck Ebbert of Red
Hat. He has been digging through all of the applied patches to Linus's
tree and been forwarding them on to the stable team. Without his effort
and help, we would not have so many patches in these releases.

I know I personally owe him at least one beer if I run into him at some
conference, and I think all other users of the stable tree do too.

thanks,

greg k-h