What's in infiniband.git for 2.6.22

From: Roland Dreier
Date: Thu Apr 26 2007 - 14:21:15 EST

Here's a short summary of what my plans for 2.6.22 are. For
reference, everything is in my git tree:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/roland/infiniband.git

Please let me know if you have any thoughts on these plans, or if
there is something that you feel is missing from this list.

* mlx4 driver for new Mellanox ConnectX HCAs. This is the connectx
branch in git. I will merge this soon, after a few more cleanups
and one final posting for review. There are actually two parts here:

- "IB/uverbs: Export ib_umem_get()/ib_umem_release() to modules"
This touches the core and all drivers, but I think it is a better
design and actually helps other drivers too in addition to being a
prerequisite for the mlx4 driver. I haven't heard anyone speak
out against it so I plan to go ahead and merge it.

- "IB/mlx4: Add driver for Mellanox ConnectX HCAs"
I'll fold all the mlx4_core and mlx4_ib code into this patch and
merge it.

- "mlx4_eth: Add 10 gigabit ethernet driver for Mellanox ConnectX"
This will NOT be merged for 2.6.22 at least. For one thing it is
pretty much just a stub that doesn't do anything useful. When
there is working 10 gig support, I'll post this to lkml and netdev
for review, but this is 2.6.23 stuff at the soonest.

* IPoIB NAPI work. This is the ipoib branch in git. Again, there are
really two parts here:

- "IB: Return "maybe missed event" hint from ib_req_notify_cq()"
This extends the API in a way that lets us implement NAPI, but may
be useful for other things too. It touches all the drivers, and I
still need to finish updating cxgb3 to work correctly. I haven't
heard anything negative about this, so I'll fix it up, post it one
more time for review, and plan on merging it.

- "IPoIB: Convert to NAPI"
This is the actual conversion of IPoIB to use NAPI, based on the
previous extension to ib_req_notify_cq(). There seems to be a
need to merge this, based on people's experiences with congestion
collapse under high load. So I'm planning on merging this too.

* I also have the following bunch of more minor patches queued, and I
will ask Linus to pull them soon. The majority of them are ipath
fixes (and I hope Qlogic will send fixes for the two other bugs that
I know of, namely corrupting the list of pending mmaps if an object
is destroyed before userspace mmaps it, and doing spin_lock_irq()
from interrupt context). There are a few other cleanups and minor
fixes scattered around. Here's the shortlog of the for-2.6.22 branch:

Arthur Jones (2):
IB/ipath: Call free_irq() on chip specific initialization failure
IB/ipath: Force PIOAvail update entry point

Bryan O'Sullivan (17):
IB/ipath: Add ability to set and clear IB local loopback
IB/ipath: Fix user memory region creation when IOMMU present
IB/ipath: Definitions of two RXE parity err bits were reversed
IB/ipath: Fix up some debug messages
IB/ipath: Change packet problems vs chip errors handling and reporting
IB/ipath: Fix bad argument to clear_bit()
IB/ipath: Fix CQ flushing when QP is modified to error state
IB/ipath: Remove unused ipath_read_kreg64_port()
IB/ipath: Fix calculation for number of kernel PIO buffers
IB/ipath: Discard multicast packets without a GRH
IB/ipath: Print better error messages if kernel is misconfigured
IB/ipath: Improve handling and reporting of parity errors
IB/ipath: On unrecoverable errors, force link down, LEDs off
IB/ipath: Prevent random program use of diags interface
IB/ipath: Disable IB link earlier in shutdown sequence
IB/ipath: Don't allow QPs 0 and 1 to be opened multiple times
IB/ipath: Fix unit selection when all CPU affinity bits set

Hal Rosenstock (3):
IB/umad: Fix declaration of dev_map[]
IB/mad: Change SMI to use enums rather than magic return codes
IB/umad: Clarify documentation of transaction ID

Joachim Fenkes (2):
IB/ehca: Implement modify_port
IB: Set class_dev->dev in core for nice device symlink

Mark Debbage (1):
IB/ipath: Allow receive ports mapped into userspace to be shared

Michael Albaugh (1):
IB/ipath: Fix driver crash (in interrupt or during unload) after chip reset

Ralph Campbell (8):
IB/ipath: Don't initialize port memory for subports
IB/ipath: Fix SRQ limit event causing dropped CQ entry
IB/ipath: NMI cpu lockup if local loopback used
IB/ipath: Support larger IB_QP_MAX_DEST_RD_ATOMIC and IB_QP_MAX_QP_RD_ATOMIC
IB/ipath: Fix QP error completion queue entries
IB/ipath: Fix PSN update for RC retries
IB/ipath: Fix port sharing on powerpc
IB/ipath: Fix RDMA reads of length zero and error handling

Robert Walsh (4):
IB/ipath: Check reserved memory keys
IB/ipath: Remove duplicate stuff from ipath_verbs.h
IB/ipath: Check that a UD work request's address handle is valid
IB/ipath: Fix WC format drift between user and kernel space

Roland Dreier (6):
IB: Remove reference to obsolete CONFIG_IPATH_CORE
IPoIB: Remove pointless opcode field from debugging output
IB/mthca: Update HCA firmware revisions
IB/mthca: Fix mthca_write_mtt() on HCAs with hidden memory
IB/mthca: Simplify CQ cleaning in mthca_free_qp()
IPoIB/cm: spin_lock_irqsave() -> spin_lock_irq() replacements

Sean Hefty (5):
RDMA/ucma: Simplify ucma_get_event()
IB/ucm: Simplify ib_ucm_event()
IB/sa: Set src_path_bits correctly in ib_init_ah_from_path()
IB/ipoib: Use ib_init_ah_from_path to initialize ah_attr
IB/umad: Implement GRH handling for sent/received MADs