Re: v2.6.21-rt1

From: Free Ekanayaka
Date: Thu Apr 26 2007 - 17:26:09 EST

Hi,

|--==> Ingo Molnar writes:

IM> i have released the v2.6.20-rt1 kernel, which can be downloaded from the
IM> usual place:

IM> http://redhat.com/~mingo/realtime-preempt/

IM> more info about the -rt patchset can be found in the RT wiki:

IM> http://rt.wiki.kernel.org

IM> This is a fixes-only release.

IM> to build a 2.6.21-rt1 tree, the following patches should be applied:

IM> http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.21.tar.bz2
IM> http://redhat.com/~mingo/realtime-preempt/patch-2.6.21-rt1

I've tested the patch on a Pavillon zv5000 laptop (amd64) and
apparently the kernel still hangs when one of the script in the
initramfs [0] tries to run udevsettle.

Booting with noapic doesn't seem to help, and differently from the
2.6.21-rc6-rt0 release [1] this time the kernel won't boot even with
qemu.

Here's the config I used:

http://people.64studio.com/~free/config-2.6.21-rt1

Ciao,