Re: suspend2 merge (was Re: [Suspend2-devel] Re: CFS and suspend2: hang in atomic copy)

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Thu Apr 26 2007 - 17:30:52 EST

Hi!

> > #define SNAPSHOT_SET_IMAGE_SIZE _IOW(SNAPSHOT_IOC_MAGIC, 6, unsigned long)
>
> So I'm not supposed to be able to suspend the 16Gb-ram, 32bits servers
> I have here?

(You are right, this should have been u64)

Snapshot image is by design limited by ammount of lowmem. If you want
to change that, this unsigned long limit will be least of your
problems.

(And no, I'd not expect loaded 6GB box to suspend properly. It will
just realize it does not have enough lowmem and refuse to suspend).
Pavel