Re: - maps2-add-proc-pid-pagemap-interface-fix.patch removed from-mm tree

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Fri Apr 27 2007 - 17:32:40 EST

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 15:41:55 -0500
Matt Mackall <mpm@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > + no+_mmap_sem(); \
>
> Except for this bit.

You'll put gcc out of a job ;)

> Maybe put it in the same config bucket as might_sleep?

hm, could do. might_sleep() is intertwined with preempt in complex ways,
but we did decouple that at the config level. no_mmap_sem() will dtrt for
all preempt settings.

But I'll be keeping this as a -mm-only debug patch (which brings us up to
about thirty of 'em), so I think it's best to make it unconfigurable so we
get maximum coverage.

That's if it actually works. I haven't tried running it yet, and I have a
feeling that running it might cause a big "doh" moment. We'll see.