Re: [linux-dvb] Re: More than 2Gb problem (dvb related) ?

From: Jon Burgess
Date: Fri Apr 27 2007 - 18:37:54 EST

On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 18:06 -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
> On 4/27/07, Jon Burgess <jburgess777@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Interesting - I see similar symptoms after upgrading my PC:
> > * old PC was AMD Athlon 64 3000 w/ 2GB of RAM which had no issues
> > * new PC is a Intel Core 2 Duo w/ 4GB of RAM and fails in the way you
> > describe.
>
> Driver using an incorrect DMA mask?
>
> Lee

It does not set one explicitly and the docs suggest the default is
32bit. Adding an explicit "pci_set_dma_mask(dev->pci, DMA_24BIT_MASK)"
does not seem to make a difference. Mind you, the driver builds its own
S-G DMA table in saa7146_vmalloc_build_pgtable() and i'm not certain
whether this might bypass this setting.

Jon