Re: USB HID bug (was [PROBLEM] Bonding driver in linux-2.6.21-rc6-mm1)

From: Paul Walmsley
Date: Fri Apr 27 2007 - 19:24:41 EST

Hi Jiri,

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007, Jiri Kosina wrote:

Paul, do you have any idea? In fact, what was your reason for putting this
WARN_ON() there?

The static quirk list uses idVendor == 0 to mark the end of hid_blacklist[], so we don't expect any device to have idVendor == 0. If a device is correctly presenting with idVendor == 0, we need a different way to terminate that blacklist. Either that or there's an upper-layer bug, as you write.

Regarding its placement: that WARN_ON() belongs in the static quirk lookup code, rather than where it is now. Its current location must be a relic of an earlier patchset.

Did you ever meet any condition when idVendor == 0 appears there?

No. There shouldn't be any functional problem with removing that WARN_ON(), and also removing the initial if() in usbhid_lookup_dquirk().

- Paul