Re: [patch] CFS scheduler, -v6

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Sun Apr 29 2007 - 02:59:51 EST

* Willy Tarreau <w@xxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't know if Mike still has problems with SD, but there are now
> several interesting reports of SD giving better feedback than CFS on
> real work. In my experience, CFS seems smoother on *technical* tests,
> which I agree that they do not really simulate real work.

well, there are several reports of CFS being significantly better than
SD on a number of workloads - and i know of only two reports where SD
was reported to be better than CFS: in Kasper's test (where i'd like to
know what the "3D stuff" he uses is and take a good look at that
workload), and another 3D report which was done against -v6. (And even
in these two reports the 'smoothness advantage' was not dramatic. If you
know of any other reports then please let me know!)

Ingo