[patch 00/32] xen: Xen implementation for paravirt_ops

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Sun Apr 29 2007 - 13:31:01 EST

Hi Andi,

This series of patches implements the Xen paravirt-ops interface.
It applies to 2.6.21 + 2.6.21-070428-1 + the patches I've posted over
the last couple of days.

Changes since the last posting:
- update per review comments
- comment each file
- comment barrier use
- use common cpu sibling setup
- fixed a few minor bugs, specifically a traceirq mismatch warning
- some xenbus cleanups as a result of my review; more coming
- split xen-core into more pieces

These patches are now moderately well tested, with several successful
runs through XenSource's regression test suite, and some amount of
non-me testing. While I wouldn't go into production with a
xen/paravirt_ops kernel right now, it does seem pretty functional.

This series generally restricts itself to Xen-specific parts of the
tree, though it does make a few small changes elsewhere.

It includes:
- some helper routines for allocating address space and walking pagetables
- Xen interface header files
- Core Xen implementation
- Efficient late-pinning/early-unpinning pagetable handling
- Virtualized time, including stolen time
- SMP support
- Preemption support
- Batched pagetable updates
- Xen console, based on hvc console
- Xenbus
- Netfront, the paravirtualized network device
- Blockfront, the paravirtualized block device

Thanks,