Re: [patch] CFS scheduler, -v7

From: Prakash Punnoor
Date: Sun Apr 29 2007 - 13:40:38 EST

Am Samstag 28 April 2007 schrieb Ingo Molnar:
> i'm pleased to announce release -v7 of the CFS scheduler patchset. (The
> main goal of CFS is to implement "desktop scheduling" with as high
> quality as technically possible.)
>
> The CFS patch against v2.6.21 (or against v2.6.20.8) can be downloaded
> from the usual place:

I made a quick test with the ac3 encoder aften, I tested against rsdl 0.36 (I
think it was). Time was slightly worse: >5.9 secs (with two threads on
Athlon64 X2 x86_64). mainline gives me 5.4sec. rsdl took 5.8 sec.

I haven't testes earlier cfs nor later sd. Seems scheduler gets optimized more
for single core than smp?

http://aften.sourceforge.net/

Cheers,
--