Re: Linux 2.6.21

From: Tomasz Chmielewski
Date: Sun Apr 29 2007 - 16:48:30 EST

David Miller wrote:

Don't think that's true. There are plenty of projects who only
accept bugs through bugzilla (mozilla, various distributions, etc.) and I don't see any evidence of your claim being true.

That explains why my bugs don't get looked at for months if
not years when I submit them to such projects.

I reported a bug that eats people's hard disks due to a bug
in the X.ORG PCI support code on sparc, NOBODY has fixed
the bug in 2 years even though a full bugzilla entry with
even a full patch fix is in there.

And how fast was the bug fixed when you posted it to the X.ORG list?

Bugzilla sucks, emails rules because it is in your face and
gets people to work on things.

Bugzilla can be configured to send emails, too (to the list for a newly reported bug for example).

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org