Re: [git patches] libata updates

From: alan
Date: Mon Apr 30 2007 - 17:12:45 EST

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007, Alan Cox wrote:

Yeah the kernel will boot but the hd performance is sh*t on my laptop. I
am running FC6 with
kernel 2.6.21 and without the combined_mode setting my disk performance
goes down to a
whopping 1.25mb/sec from 44mb/sec when I boot with combined_mode=libata.

Then something is very wrong with the way you are setting it up, or the
current code. Please post a dmesg booting with libata driving all your
disks and it can get fixed before 2.6.22

Do you happen to know how FC7test4 behaves on your box btw

I did the upgrade last night. Drive performance was SLLOOWW. When it came time to the reboot, I had a corrupted disk. (Not certain if that was the fault of the upgrade. I have to finish the fsck repairs first.) And this is with ext3. Not good.

I have been seeing real bad driver performance on the latest FC6 kernel as well.

--
"Invoking the supernatural can explain anything, and hence explains nothing."
- University of Utah bioengineering professor Gregory Clark