Re: BAD_SG_DMA panic in aha1542

From: Bob Tracy
Date: Mon Apr 30 2007 - 22:10:55 EST

rct wrote:
> Apologies to all concerned for an unfortunate delay in resolving this.
> (...)
> I'll go retrieve a more conservatively-configured source tree (closer to
> what DSL-N uses) and start over...

Success with the Debian 2.6.18-4-486 build, which is known to work
almost as well on the test platform as the 2.6.12 kernel that DSL-N
comes with. I used an older compiler than Debian used for their
production build, so I binary-patched the aha1542.ko and sr_mod.ko
files so insmod wouldn't complain about different vermagic strings.

That's as close as it gets without redoing everything from scratch.
I'll give Alan's and James' patches a go within the next 13 hours.

(Alan: what *else* would you name a variable associated with a bounce
buffer besides Zebedee? Thanks for the occasion to smile...)