Re: 2.6.22 -mm merge plans

From: Zan Lynx
Date: Tue May 01 2007 - 12:56:52 EST

On Mon, 2007-04-30 at 16:20 -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
[snip]
> Mel's moveable-zone work.
>
> I don't believe that this has had sufficient review and I'm sure that it
> hasn't had sufficient third-party testing. Most of the approbations thus far
> have consisted of people liking the overall idea, based on the changelogs and
> multi-year-old discussions.
>
> For such a large and core change I'd have expected more detailed reviewing
> effort and more third-party testing. And I STILL haven't made time to review
> the code in detail myself.
[snip]

I am a fan of this, but I hadn't really realized that it's in -mm, and
that it has to be enabled with kernelcore=

Now that I am, I'm running it on my laptop with kernelcore=256M (it
wouldn't boot with 128M or less, weird initscript errors and OOMs).

1 GB single-core laptops are probably not the intended test audience :)
But I'll see what happens.
--
Zan Lynx <zlynx@xxxxxxx>