Re: [git patches] libata updates

From: Jesse Barnes
Date: Tue May 01 2007 - 17:38:18 EST

On Monday, April 30, 2007 1:22 pm Stephen Clark wrote:
> Please don't do this!
>
> Yeah the kernel will boot but the hd performance is sh*t on my
> laptop. I am running FC6 with
> kernel 2.6.21 and without the combined_mode setting my disk
> performance goes down to a
> whopping 1.25mb/sec from 44mb/sec when I boot with
> combined_mode=libata. It make my
> system unusable!

So your performance is good when you add combined_mode=libata? I hope
so, because that's why I added it in the first place...

However, Jeff's patch won't steal your performance as long as you make
sure you use the libata based drivers for everything. If you're
running Fedora I think the rawhide kernels are configured this way, but
the fc6 era kernels aren't.

Jesse