Re: so ... what *are* candidates for removal?

From: Robert P. J. Day
Date: Wed May 02 2007 - 08:32:42 EST

On Wed, 2 May 2007, Neil Brown wrote:

> Unfortunately, this community is not founded on the concept of
> 'wiki'. It is founded on the concept of 'email'. That is were most
> discussions happen.
>
> So if you want to start a discussion (and your topic certainly seems
> relevant) I suspect you will get more participation if you keep it
> in the mailing list.

you have it backwards -- i deliberately chose a wiki to get this
discussion *off* the LKML. given the traffic volume here, and given
that kernel code removal isn't what most people consider a high
priority, i'm guessing most folks here are monumentally uninterested
in the discussion.

thus, a wiki gives the people who are still interested a place for all
that info, while uncluttering the LKML. and if some discussion gets
really heated, *then* the LKML can be used to resolve it.

as it is, i think this issue has been flogged adequately on this
mailing list, and it can safely be moved elsewhere where people who
care about it can still get to it.

rday