Re: More JMicron troubles with 2.6.21

From: Alan Cox
Date: Wed May 02 2007 - 15:11:45 EST

> I have an Asus Commando Mobo with one of those dreadful JMicron
> controllers (JMicron 20360/20363 AHCI Controller (rev 02). I have a

The Jmicron controllers get a lot of testing so should run smoothly.

> I can't get my CD-RW to work. have tried the pata_jmicron driver and
> the JMicron ide driver, no success.

This is almost certainly a problem outside of the IDE handling in that
case. The jmicron controllers are smart, there is basically no code to
the IDE driver to go wrong (especially in the case of using the old IDE
for the PATA port where you basically use zero code that hasn't been
tested for years).

Do you get the odd timeout or continuous timeouts ?