It's a bug of printk?

From: gshan
Date: Wed May 02 2007 - 21:34:35 EST

Hi,

I need 2 consoles for 2 individual serial ports that is registered by register_console(). The console for the 1st serial port is registered at first. I can see the output from the serial port #1 before the console for the 2nd serial port is registered. However, I saw duplicated output from serial port #1 again after the console for #2 serial port is registered.

The root cause is that there is only one con_start for all consoles. I think con_start need to be merged with struct console so that different console could have different start?

Thanks,
Gavin