Re: [patch 04/33] m68k: Atari keyboard and mouse support.

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Thu May 03 2007 - 15:07:23 EST

Hi Michael,

On 5/3/07, Michael Schmitz <schmitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > +
> > + if (!(atakbd_dev = input_allocate_device()))
> > + return -ENOMEM;
> > +
> > + // need to init core driver if not already done so
> > + if (atari_keyb_init())
>
> Memory leak

How so? If the core has been initialized already this will just return ...

You just allocated atakbd_dev. If atari_keyb_init() fails you leak it.

> > + for (i = 1; i < 0x72; i++) {
> > + atakbd_keycode[i] = i;
> > + set_bit(atakbd_keycode[i], atakbd_dev->keybit);
>
> It looks like this driver is not using standard input event codes. If
> Roman does not want to adjust keymaps on Amiga and Atari that should
> be handled in legacy keyboard driver (drivers/char/keyboard.c). As it
> is programs using /dev/input/eventX have no chance of working.

The translation map should not have been overwritten like above, is that
what you mean?
My original patch didn't have that bit; scancodes were translated to
input keycodes using atakbd_keycode[scancode] instead. I'll have that
reverted...

Does KEY_1 actually maps to scancode 2 on atari?

Thanks,

--
Dmitry