Re: cpufreq longhaul locks up

From: Jan Engelhardt
Date: Fri May 04 2007 - 19:34:13 EST

On May 4 2007 15:49, john stultz wrote:

>> Switching from acpi_pm+performance to acpi_pm+ondemand also
>> locks up after a few minutes.
>
>Yep. Sounds like an ondemand issue. Thanks for verifying this for me.

Nah, it also happens with cpufreq_powersave. I just need to check
through some archives and try booting with governor=powersave so that it
always stays low. Though, lowering the frequency does not really buy any
temperature improvement in 60 seconds, so I don't think I will need
cpufreq anyway (other processors have a noticable jump in core
temperature between 100%idle and a busy loop).

Jan