nbd problem.

From: Rogier Wolff
Date: Tue May 08 2007 - 15:41:06 EST

Hi,

The nbd client still reliably hangs when I use it.

While looking into this, I found:

446 req->errors = 0;
447 spin_unlock_irq(q->queue_lock);
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
448
449 mutex_lock(&lo->tx_lock);
450 if (unlikely(!lo->sock)) {
451 mutex_unlock(&lo->tx_lock);
452 printk(KERN_ERR "%s: Attempted send on closed socket\n",
453 lo->disk->disk_name);
454 req->errors++;
455 nbd_end_request(req);
456 spin_lock_irq(q->queue_lock);
457 continue;
458 }
459
460 lo->active_req = req;
461
462 if (nbd_send_req(lo, req) != 0) {
463 printk(KERN_ERR "%s: Request send failed\n",
464 lo->disk->disk_name);
465 req->errors++;
466 nbd_end_request(req);
467 } else {
468 spin_lock(&lo->queue_lock);
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
469 list_add(&req->queuelist, &lo->queue_head);
470 spin_unlock(&lo->queue_lock);
471 }
472
473 lo->active_req = NULL;

As far as I read things, the function is called with the lock
held and interrupts disabled., the lock can then be released and
retaken without disabling interrupts again.

Should this be fixed?

(it doesn't fix my hang though....)

Roger.

--
** R.E.Wolff@xxxxxxxxxxxx ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
** Delftechpark 26 2628 XH Delft, The Netherlands. KVK: 27239233 **