Re: [RFC] memory hotremove patch take 2 [02/10] (make page unused)

From: Christoph Lameter
Date: Thu May 10 2007 - 14:04:45 EST

On Wed, 9 May 2007, Yasunori Goto wrote:

> This patch is for supporting making page unused.
>
> Isolate pages by capturing freed pages before inserting free_area[],
> buddy allocator.
> If you have an idea for avoiding spin_lock(), please advise me.

Using the zone lock instead may avoid to introduce another lock? Or is the
new lock here for performance reasons?

Isnt it possible to just add another flavor of pages like what Mel has
been doing with reclaimable and movable? I.e. add another category of free
pages to Mel's scheme called isolated and use Mel's function to move stuff
over there?