Re: Kconfig warnings on latest GIT

From: Kumar Gala
Date: Thu May 10 2007 - 21:55:53 EST

On May 10, 2007, at 8:25 PM, Simon Horman wrote:

On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 11:56:48AM -0500, Timur Tabi wrote:
Simon Horman wrote:

So my question is: in which Kconfig do I define "UCC_FAST_TEMP" and
"UCC_SLOW_TEMP"? At first I thought, just put it in drivers/ Kconfig, but
that Kconfig does nothing but including other Kconfigs. I believe that if I
submit a patch that adds "UCC_FAST_TEMP" and "UCC_SLOW_TEMP" to
drivers/Kconfig, it will be rejected. Either that, or I'll spend six weeks
trying to persuade everyone that it's a good idea.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this?
That does seem like a reasonable suggestion, and one that
would probably work well with the other similar problems
that have been introduced sice 2.6.21.

Looks like the fix is simpler than I thought. Instead of having

UCC_GETH
select UCC_FAST

I need to do

UCC_FAST
default y if UCC_GETH

I pondered something like that, but I couldn't get it quite right :(

I'll have a patch that fixes this out later today.

I chose the first method because I wanted each individual UCC device
driver to select UCC_FAST or UCC_SLOW as appropriate, so that I
wouldn't have to update arch/powerpc/sysdev/qe_lib/Kconfig every time
we add a new UCC driver. Oh well.

It really seems like the kconfig shouldn't complain if the depends isnt satisfied.

- k