Re: Regression in 2.6.21-mm1 (git-input) on Dell D610 laptop

From: Remi Colinet
Date: Fri May 11 2007 - 09:55:51 EST

Selon Dmitry Torokhov <dtor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi Remi,
>
> On Thursday 10 May 2007 21:50, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > On Thu, 10 May 2007 15:05:25 +0200
> > Remi Colinet <remi.colinet@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > My D610 ALPS Glide Point is unresponsive with 2.6.21-mm1 patch.
> > > No problem noticed with 2.6.21.
> > >
> > > The culprit seems to be git-input. I have applied 2.6.21-mm1 on top of
> 2.6.21
> > > and then removed git-input patch. It is ok since then.
>
> Have you tried any other -mm? Also, does it help if you stick

Tried 2.6.21-mm3. The GlidePoint is still unresponsive.

> ps2_command(&psmouse->ps2dev, NULL, PSMOUSE_CMD_SETSTREAM);
>
> at the very beginning of psmouse_initialize() in
> drivers/input/mouse/psmouse-base.c?

Going to try it ...

In fact, I already added the following line at the begining of each function in
drivers/input/mouse/alps.c

printk(KERN_ERR "start of function ...\n");

But no message is displayed when using the Glide Point. Interrupt are not
raised. The alps driver is not called by the i8042 handler.

Remi Colinet