Re: [GIT PULL] MMC updates

From: Pierre Ossman
Date: Sat May 12 2007 - 12:13:18 EST

Nicolas Pitre wrote:
> Actually, I'm not the author of this workaround. And looking at it
> closer, the current workaround is utterly buggy as it completely inhibit
> CRC error reporting for everything but the listed commands when the MSB
> of the response is a zero.

Your name popped up on the commit for this, but as that was during the
bk days the information was severely lacking.

> Please apply the following patch. It is compile tested only as I don't
> have PXA27x hardware with MMC at the moment, but it just cannot be worse
> than the current code even when it was compiling.

I would think that it would be better to look at just MMC_RSP_136 and
MMC_RSP_CRC in case we get future variations.

Rgds

--
-- Pierre Ossman

Linux kernel, MMC maintainer http://www.kernel.org