Re: Linux 2.6.22-rc1

From: Antonino Ingargiola
Date: Mon May 14 2007 - 04:34:18 EST

2007/5/14, Jean Delvare <khali@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
[cut]
I am not familiar with the gnome sensors applet. Does it say where it
is getting the data (driver name, device name...)?

The applet settings show a list of sensors under the libsensors name.
Those are the sensors that work on 2.6.21.1.

However the acpi and i2c section of the two config are
> identical. I report the only selected options:
>
> Power management options (ACPI, APM) --->
> [*] Power Management support
> [*] Software Suspend (Hibernation)
> ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) Support --->
> [*] ACPI Support
> [*] Sleep States
> <M> Button
> <M> Video
> <M> Fan
> <M> Processor
> <M> Thermal Zone
> (0) Disable ACPI for systems before Jan 1st this year
>
> Device Drivers --->
> I2C support --->
> <M> I2C device interface
> I2C Hardware Bus support --->
> <M> VIA VT82C596/82C686/82xx and CX700

You forgot to list the Hardware Monitoring support options.

Sorry. Here it is (they are identical in the two config):

Hardware Monitoring support --->
<*> Hardware Monitoring support
<*> Abit uGuru
<M> VIA686A
<*> IBM Hard Drive Active Protection System (hdaps)

But I'm quite sure that the only module used is VIA686A (I'm
rebuilding to confirm).

> The first column of lsmod list the same modules in both kernels. The
> diff-ed dmesg is attached.

Please provide the output of lsmod.

If you are using one of the following drivers: lm78, smsc47b397,
smsc47m1, w83627hf or w83781d, you need lm_sensors >= 2.10.1
(libsensors.so.3.1.1 or later).

I've attached the lsmod for 2.6.22-rc. I'm not using any of the listed
drivers. However the lm-sensors package is version 2.10.1-3 and
libsensors.so.3.1.1 is on my system too (package libsensors3).

Thanks.

--
Jean Delvare

~ Antonio