Re: IT821x: no DMA since 2.6.21

From: Alan Cox
Date: Wed May 16 2007 - 08:36:00 EST

> The real problem seems to be that IT821x "virtual" ID misses info
> about supported DMA modes (while it seems to contain enabled DMA
> mode info).

It does at least for the RAID volumes which are quite peculiar and seem
to have been defined by flipping bits until Windows worked 8)

> [ Patch is based on the above theory and Alan's work on pata_it821x.
> Sorry for no real description (TODO) but it's almost 3:00 am ... ]

Thanks for doing that. I've got a potential patch for libata and the
smart mode problem. Turns out that Tejun's sanity checks in the bus reset
path are too smart for the firmware ;)

Alan