Re: Kernel NFS lockd freezes notebook on shutdown (Linux 2.6.22-rc1+ CFS v12)

From: zilvinas
Date: Sun May 20 2007 - 06:51:29 EST

Hello Oleg,

I've done some more tests and quite frankly I think this is really related to the dreaded ''fglrx.ko'' module. It seems to me that it is much easier to reproduce the problem if that damn module is loaded. It does uses workqueue. Then there is another driver ipw3945 loaded and it is required to run binary only ''ipw3945d'' daemon just to start using wireless driver ...

In either way both these kernel modules are workqueue users.

Btw, I had also tested kernel (compiled from the same source) but on different laptop (EVO N800v), single core, Pentium M 2GHz. Kernel is not freezing on shutdown, even loop nfs kernel stop/start - does not cause any kernel panic as on nx9420 (Dual Core) laptop. And that with or without any patch applied from Oleg. :((

I think this time it is really needed to stop here, kernel was tainted for a reason. :(((

Thank you both, Oleg and Andrew.

Zilvinas "Lucky ATI fglrx owner" Valinskas