Re: libata and legacy ide pcmcia failure

From: Tejun Heo
Date: Mon May 21 2007 - 08:42:44 EST

Alan Cox wrote:
> On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 01:50:48PM +0200, Tejun Heo wrote:
>>> May 20 23:02:56 localhost kernel: ata3.00: qc timeout (cmd 0xef)
>>> May 20 23:02:56 localhost kernel: ata3.00: failed to set xfermode
>>> (err_mask=0x4)
>> Hmmm... It doesn't like SETXFERMASK either. Please try the attached patch.
>
> The CF 1.1 command list is pretty short. Unfortunately the patch you've
> given below won't itself cure the problem as some of the newer CF cards do
> need SETXFERMASK issuing to do higher PIO modes.

Yeap, it's a debug patch. What I was thinking was adding a HORKAGE for
the device - e.g. ATA_HORKAGE_NO_SETXFERMODE, but product ID "Memory
Card Adapter" doesn't seem too specific.

> The CFA people also didn't put the CFA version in the ident data. What might
> work sanely would be
>
> if (supports_pio == only_pio0 && cfa)

OIC. I don't really know much about these CFA thingies. If the above
should work for most devices, no objection from me.

--
tejun