Re: Kernel Oops with 2.6.21.1 on an AMD K7 machine

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Mon May 21 2007 - 18:55:51 EST

On Tue, 22 May 2007 00:28:57 +0200
"Uwe Bugla" <uwe.bugla@xxxxxx> wrote:

> kernel 2.6.21.1 makes my machine Oops about 20 seconds after KDE 3,5 is brought up showing its graphical login (kdm):

We're completely blind unless we can see that oops info. If it reached
/var/log/messages then please send it.

If it didn't please set up netconsole (Documentation/networking/netconsole.txt)

If for some reason that isn't possible then you couldry switching to
the vga concole (alt-ctl-F1) before the ooops and see if the output
is visible on the VGA screen. If it is there, a digital photo will suit
(you can email it to me and I can stick it on a server somewhere if
you like). The last option is to write the oops info down with a
pencil and type it in again, but that's painful (all the hex addresses
in the stack backtrace can be omitted)

Thanks.