Re: [patch] CFS scheduler, -v12

From: Chris Friesen
Date: Tue May 22 2007 - 16:49:35 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:
* Chris Friesen <cfriesen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is there a way in CFS to tune the amount of time over which the load balancer is fair? (Of course there would be some overhead involved.)

it should be fair pretty fast (see the 10 seconds run of massive_intr) - so it's not 1 minute (if you were worried about that).

Good to know..that's exactly what I was worried about. I work with guys that really want predictability above all else, then fairness, and only then performance--if we can't guarantee a given level of performance for 5-9s then its useless to us.

Chris