Re: RFC: Schedule EFS for removal.

From: Willy Tarreau
Date: Tue May 22 2007 - 17:02:22 EST

On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 01:11:09PM -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
> On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 04:46:13PM +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> > > It seems to be a regression in 2.6.x though. From the report..
> > >
> > > "Under 2.4.21, it doesnt do this."
> >
> > Randy mentioned in bugzilla that 2.4.22 didn't work either, so I'd
> > be very surprised if 2.4.21 works.
>
> good point. I don't see anything obvious in 2.4.22 that would have
> caused a regression, so this sounds suspect.
> I'll close the bugzilla out based on your comments, thanks for looking at it.

In my experience, often when people speak about 2.4.21 (which is quite old),
they in fact refer to an RHEL3 kernel, which has a "few" addon patches :-)
While I don't think that anything related to EFS might be changed in RHEL,
may it be possible that it works as a side effect of a patch in this
kernel ?

That's just pure guess anyway.

Cheers,
Willy