class_device_create() and the mode of the device file in /dev.

From: Y Khan
Date: Tue May 22 2007 - 18:56:19 EST

Hi All,

I am porting a driver from 2.4 to 2.6. I have replaced
the call devfs_register() with class_create() and
class_device_create(). Now, udev is automatically
creating the device file in /dev.

The device file being created has a default mode of
0600. Is it possible to override this default mode
from inside the kernel. I do not want to do anything
in the configuration file for udev.

I could modify the attribute of the class and the
class device but I do not think that they will change
the default permissions for the /dev device file.

devfs_register() used to take a mode argument.

So, is there anyway of achieving this in 2.6.

-Y

____________________________________________________________________________________Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the tools to get online.